What is your current turn around? If I need my order quickly, what can we do?
Production turn around begins at the time when we’ve received payment for your order, we have all of the details and we have usable art files. Once all of these things have been received the clock on your order starts ticking. From start to finish we strive to meet the following windows:
- Simple Orders, No Add on Services: 7-10 Business Days + shipping time.
- Complex Orders or Orders with Add on Services: 12-14 Business Days + shipping time.
- To ensure we can meet this window, please approve all spec sheets as soon as possible and try to refrain from post payment changes. Changes to your order after payment will cause delays. If you need your order in a faster turnaround window than those listed above, please let us know. There are things we can do to make accommodations for your order.
How does payment work with Canadian Custom Apparel?
- All payment, unless otherwise coordinated by Canadian Custom Apparel staff, is required in full up front. The products we create are custom printed to your specification and once they have been printed are now useless to us. They cannot be returned to the supplier for a refund and cannot be sold by us as they’re printed with your art. This is why we do require upfront payment. Don’t worry, we’ll make sure that you get what you’re paying for!
Is my payment information safe?
- All payments at Canadian Custom Apparel are processed in store, via invoice or online. All online transactions are done using SSL encryption technology. No payment information is stored in our system (credit card numbers or otherwise) to ensure the security of your information. We don’t want the possibility of any unforeseen weakness in our system to ever negatively impact our customers, so rest assured that your information is safe with us!
Do you have minimums? Why?
- One of the most commonly misunderstood things in screen printing is minimums. “Why can’t I make just 1 shirt” is a common question. It’s not a bad question or a dumb one, just one that often comes from those who don’t understand the process. In screen printing, the bulk of the time involved in the production of the goods is in the setup. When we’re printing 50-100 shirts or more, we can spread the labor costs out to make sense. If we’re only printing 1, we still have to pay the same setup labor fees, making small orders astronomical in cost. We would never say never to low quantities, but we will say be prepared for a minimum order of 16.
Do you charge setup fees?
- We have no setup fees at Canadian Custom Apparel, no hidden fees. The price we quote for you is the cost, there won’t be anything extra unless the specs of the order change.
Why do you have file requirements?
- If you provide us with a file that is low resolution, pixelated or blurry, you need to understand that your printed goods will reflect that. Whatever shortcomings your file has, your final product will have. We are incredibly good at what we do, but we are not magicians. We will be up front with you and make sure that we work with you to get the best quality product.
Can I mix shirt sizes or colours?
- It’s never a problem to mix shirt sizes, pick whatever sizes you like! If you want 50 shirts but you need 10 small, 10 medium, 10 large, 10 x-large, 10 2xl, not a problem at all. In terms of switching shirt colours, we do request that you order at least 12 per shirt colour. Please keep in mind that the shirt colors you choose will effect the techniques available for printing, as some methods do not work well with certain shirt colors.
Hey my order's short. What's up?
- Screen printing isn’t an exact science. Due to a number of factors both in our control and out of our control, sometimes shirts just don’t pass Quality Assurance (QA). Shirts that have holes, stains, bolt marker marks or rips (mfg defects) or shirts that have ghosting, ink smears or misprints (production defects) are usually shorted from the run. Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered, shirts shorted from your order will be credited back to you. If any quality defects happened to slip through the cracks, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help sort them out.
- Client acknowledges that they have all licenses and rights to the images they wish to print, releasing Canadian Custom Apparel from any legal liability pertaining to copyright issues. Canadian Custom Apparel claims no ownership of any artwork provided by the client that maybe subject to copyright infringement. We are simply printing the artwork. The client claims all ownership of the artwork they wish to print and will be held responsible for any copyright disputes.